Ethereum scaling product Immutable X’s token sale on CoinList sold out in less than an hour, raising over $12.5 million.
- Of the 720,000 accounts registered to participate in the sale, only around 25,000 (3.6%) were able to make purchases due to the demand, Immutable announced Monday.
- Immutable said it is aiming for the IMX token to be Ethereum’s “Stripe for NFTs,” offering gas-free NFT minting and trading. Stripe is a payments processing company.
- Developers of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) who were unable to purchase tokens in the sale are now encouraged to launch projects on Immutable X by the end of September thereby earning up to 30,000 IMX.
- The protocol is poised to integrate with a number of NFT marketplaces, including Mintable and OpenSea.
- Immutable recently raised $60 million in a Series B funding round that was led by BITKRAFT Venture and King Rival Capital. Other participants included Alameda Research, Galaxy Interactive and Prosus Ventures.